Our Annual Workshop
Join us each summer for Leadership Development Weekend as we empower Texas Section members to become leaders within ASCE and in the civil engineering profession. LDW is 2-day workshop typically held in June or July. Each summer’s agenda is planned by the ASCE Texas Section President-Elect.
Why You Should Attend
- Further develop your critical leadership skills through group presentations & breakout sessions
- Gain a thorough understanding of ASCE & the Texas Section’s structure
- Learn more about your specific volunteer role & responsibilities as a Section or Branch leader
- Build relationships with other Texas leaders
In addition to unique leadership sessions, attendees will get an in-depth look at how ASCE and the Texas Section operate. We hope you come away from this event with the tools you need to be a Leader within ASCE and your profession.
Those of you who enjoy networking and catching up with your fellow Texas Section members at these events will not be disappointed. There will be a family-friendly group social event on Saturday evening as well as ample down-time to socialize with your fellow attendees throughout the weekend.
Who Should Attend
Leadership Development Weekend is an invitation-only event. Incoming Section leaders, Section committee and institute chapter chairs, and representatives from each Branch will be invited. We aim to invite as many dues-paying members of the Texas Section as possible, including younger members.
Can’t wait to join us? Please contact your local Branch President or the Texas Section Office to express your interest in attending LDW.
Each summer’s agenda varies, but the general schedule of events will be similar.
- Friday Evening Reception Hosted by ASCE Texas Section President
- Saturday Presentations & Breakout Sessions for All Attendees
- Saturday Night Dinner & Team Building Social (Family-Friendly)
- Sunday Morning Texas Section Planning Session for Incoming Section Leaders & Chairs