Advocacy In Action: The Texas Section Legislative Drive-In
Authors: Michael Bloom PE – Governmental Affairs Committee Chair
Sophia Carillo EIT – Governmental Affairs Committee Co Chair
The ASCE Texas Section Government Affairs Committee is excited to announce the details of the 2023 Texas Legislative Drive-In event. The Texas Section conducts this biennial visit to the Capitol, while the Texas Legislature is in session, to advocate for policies and funding to support better infrastructure in Texas and to improve the quality of life for all Texans.
Attending the Drive-In offers the following benefits:
- ASCE’s Government Relations & Public Relations University training;
- Briefing sessions on key legislation and ASCE’s legislative priorities;
- In-persons meetings with your State Senator and Representative, or their staff;
- Discussions about engineering and infrastructure-related issues within each legislative district;
- An opportunity to educate legislators on ASCE’s state priorities and position on key infrastructure bills;
- Tips and best practices for fostering relationships with your local elected officials; and,
- A chance to create relationships with your ASCE peers from across the state.
Here are the event details:
Dates: April 3-4, 2023
Location: DoubleTree By Hilton, 303 West 15th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Program: April 3, 2023 (7 pm to 9 pm): Reception
April 4, 2023 (7:30 am to 1:30 pm): Breakfast, Advocacy & Issues Briefings, and Lunch. Speakers include:
- Jeremy Mazur, Sr. Policy Analyst, Texas 2036
- Dustin Cox, Sr. Partner, Salient Strategies
- Kevin Longley, Manager, Governmental Relations, ASCE
- Tracy King, Chair, Texas House Committee on Natural Resources (87th Session) (Invited)
- Robert Nichols, Chair, Texas Senate Committee on Transportation (87th Session) (Invited)
April 4, 2023 (2pm to 5 pm): Constituent meetings with lawmakers.
Event details, sponsorship levels and benefits (which include event registration for up to three attendees), an attendee registration link, and a hotel reservation link are on our website.
Share this story: