Awards Presented at CECON 2023
Last September at CECON 2023, ASCE Texas Section members recognized exceptional persons and projects within the Section and throughout our civil engineering community. These honorable individuals are nominated by their peers in acknowledgment of their service and accomplishments. The following honors honor engineers who, through their professional work and volunteer endeavors, provide excellent service to the Texas Section, their local ASCE Branch, and the general public.
ASCE Texas Section Annual Awards Ceremony includes the presentation of the Award of Honor and the Texas Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award, the Texas Section’s two most prestigious awards. And only given every 5 years, this year we honor several new Lifetime Achievement Wards recipients as well.
The Section’s awards program would not be possible without the hard work of the ASCE Texas Section’s Honors Committee and Past Presidents Council. We thank you for years of loyal service to our community!
- Award of Honor — Augustine Verrengia III PE & Russel “Rusty” Gibson PE
- Professional Service Award — Julie Jones PE, CFM
- Service to the People Award —Kathleen Jackson PE
- Professional Service to Students Award — Mark Mann PE
- Government Civil Engineer Award — Joe Alvarez
- John A. Focht Jr Citizen Engineer Award — Patricia Frayre PE
- History & Heritage Award — Anne Cook MLIS
- Lifetime Service Award —David Matocha, Tim Newton PE, Martha Juch PE, CFM, Ken Rainwater PhD, PE, CFM, D.WRE, and Bud Beene PE, F.ASCE
Read more about the individual winners here
Share this story: