Meet ASCE’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee
ASCE Texas Section would like to introduce the newly formed Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Committee. The DEI Committee has worked hard over the course of 2021 to establish the group’s mission, vision, and goals.
Mission: Empower Texas ASCE members to provide and sustain a welcoming environment for all Texas Civil Engineers.
Vision: Build a diverse culture within the Texas Section ASCE, creating a Civil Engineering profession that is equitable and inclusive for all.
The DEI Committee understands the importance of identifying and addressing our community’s diverse demographic, social, and cultural needs and is eager to work with ASCE to foster an inclusive environment for all. We are currently working on a variety of ideas and initiatives to accomplish these goals and look forward to working closely with all members across our Section.
Please join the Committee for the next discussion on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion taking place during CECON on Thursday, September 16 at 5:30 PM. We will be offering a virtual attendance option for those that can’t join in-person; details to follow. Stay tuned for more events to come and initiatives!
Members of the 2021 DEI Committee include the following:
- Dora E. Robles PE, CFM (TxDOT)
- Kate Osborn PE (Lower Neches Valley Authority)
- Sean Merrell PE, PTOE, RAS (ASCE Texas Section President)
- LeAnne J. Cantaloupo EIT (Garver)
- Russell Carter PE (Texas Tech University)
- Oscar A. Garza PE (KCI)
- Griselda V. Quintero EIT (Miller-Gray)
- Victoria Valdez PE (Aguirre & Fields)
- Mike Sosa (ASCE Texas Section Operations Specialist)
Share this story: