ASCE Texas 2021 Legislative Drive-In
This virtual event will occur over the course of a week: February 22 – 26, 2021.
>> Register now for the ASCE Texas Section’s 2021 virtual Legislative Drive-In.
Every other spring, we hold our ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In program in Austin, concurrent with Texas Legislative Sessions. This program provides our members with an inside look at the public policy process through training sessions and coordinated outreach efforts.
At our inaugural 2017 event, 30 members visited over 50 senate and house offices, advocating for transportation, water, and water resources infrastructure as well as urging law makers to identify adequate funding. We followed that up with our second Drive-In in 2019, which was attended by almost 60 civil engineers from around the state.
Attend the ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In and join us for:
- ASCE’s Government Relations & Public Relations University training
- Briefing sessions on key legislation and ASCE’s legislative priorities
- Virtual meetings with your State Senator and Representative, or their staff
- Discussions about engineering and infrastructure related issues within each specific legislative district
- An opportunity to educate legislators on ASCE’s state priorities and position on key infrastructure bills
- Tips and best practices for fostering relationships with your local elected officials
- A chance to create relationships with your ASCE peers from across the state
We are a group of civil engineers, leaders, and infrastructure experts and by attending the Virtual Legislative Drive-in, you will increase the visibility of ASCE Texas Section in the legislative realm. We hope you can join us!
Become an Advocate for Our Profession – Join the Government Affairs Committee!
The ASCE Texas Legislative Drive-In is planned by our Government Affairs Committee with support from our Vice President for Professional Affairs and Vice President Elect for Professional Affairs. Contact Committee Chairs Augustine Verrengia PE and Austin Messerli PE at [email protected] to join the committee. We are always looking for another set of hands!
Share this story: