ASCE Texas Section now accepting nominations for the Excellence in Journalism Award!
Nomination Deadline: June 1
The ASCE Texas Section Excellence in Journalism Award honors journalists for outstanding coverage of civil engineers, civil engineering projects and civil engineering issues. The media has tremendous impact on public opinion. ASCE Texas Section would like to recognize journalism that enhances public understanding of the role civil engineers and civil engineering projects play in their communities.
The Excellence in Journalism Award (EIJA) honors English-language stories from media outlets based in Texas in one of the following categories:
- Daily and weekly newspapers
- General circulation (non-trade) related magazines
- Electronic/Webb-based, non-trade related news outlets
- Radio shows
- Television news shows
The entry should cover civil engineers, civil engineering projects and civil engineering issues.
- Submit a completed and signed ASCE Excellence in Journalism Award Entry Form.
- Submit a copy or an original of the entry (print article, digital copy of radio or television, or
Email entry to [email protected] with the subject line
“Editorial Committee – Journalism Award Nomination”.
Contact [email protected] with questions for more information.