Webinar: Geotechnical Considerations for the Design of Bridge Structures
March 30 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT
This is an in-depth webinar on geotechnical considerations for the design of bridge structures. The session will help you understand the basics of geotechnical engineering as they relate to bridges.
Topics of discussion will include:
- geotechnical studies, laboratory testing, Wincore Program data
- pavement coring, drilling equipment, barge drilling, soil sampling methods, TxDOT soil sampling, groundwater measurements, borehole grouting
- drilled footings, pile foundations, auger-cast piles
- pile/pier capacity curves, group effects, pile-load tests
- load-settlement characteristics of deep foundations, lateral and uplift capacity of deep foundations, dynamic and static testing for deep foundations
- TxDOT bridge design recommendations, Harris County & City of Houston geotechnical requirements for bridges
- pile driving, pipeline bridges, negative skin friction, slope-stability of abutments, scour of bridge foundations
David A. Eastwood PE, D.GE, DFE, C.A.P.M., F.PTI, F.FPA, F.ASCE (Geotech Engineering & Testing)
Mr. Eastwood has practiced consulting engineering for about 47 years, serving in key technical project management and administrative roles. His specialties are in geotechnical, environmental, materials and geoforensic engineering. His experience in these functions include a wide range of project types, ranging from public infrastructure, public works, municipal work, residential, industrial facilities, commercial developments to waste disposal facilities, power plants, dams, and marine terminals. Mr. Eastwood also conducts training in geotechnical, environmental, materials and geoforensic engineering for many agencies and associations. He is the President of Houston Chapter of Texas Council of Engineering Laboratories and he is the founder and past president of Foundation Performance Association, an organization specializing in foundation failure evaluation. In addition, Mr. Eastwood has been certified as a Corrective Action Project Manager with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).