THC (Texas Hurricane Center) 2019 – 11th Annual Conference
THC 2019: Hurricanes, Major Disasters, Coastal Protection, and Rapid Recovery in Texas and the Gulf Coast Region
About the Conference
A one day Conference and Exhibition is being organized by the Texas Hurricane Center for Innovative Technology (THC-IT) on
“Hurricanes, Major Disasters, Coastal Protection and Rapid Recovery in Texas and Gulf Coast Region” at the University of Houston on August 2, 2019. The presentations will include current preparation plans for the entire Gulf Coast including Texas counties and cities for the 2019 hurricane season and other disasters. Special feature of this conference is the four panel discussions on hurricane issues, other disasters, coastal protection and debris management. After the technical sessions, a reception will be held starting at 2:30 p.m. with invited state, city, county and industry leaders in the exhibit area to facilitate networking. The conference fee also includes lunch, coffee breaks, reception and parking. Earn 5 PDHs by attending the entire conference.
The Conference is presented in a one day concentrated format to update the community, emergency managers and suppliers who play an important role in hurricane and other disaster preparedness, loss mitigation and rapid recovery. Well known and influential speakers will provide valuable information to the conference attendees. Complete and return the registration form with the registration fee before July 26, 2019 for an advanced registration discount. Registration fee includes admission, lunch, coffee breaks, and free hotel parking. Registration and attendance will be limited to the first 150 registrants.
For Hotel Reservations call (832) 531-6300 or 1- 866-327-1161 and ask for Hurricane and Other Disaster Conference Rate.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Be informed about the latest plans and procedures in preparing for hurricanes and other major disasters in number of major Gulf coast cities.
- Network with state, city and county emergency managers, engineers, suppliers, consultants, researchers, educators, scientists, students and exhibitors.
- Presentations include hurricane Harvey experiences, debris management, preparedness, loss mitigation, evacuation, coastal protection, transportation issues, rapid recovery and new technologies that could influence your operations.
- View research posters from many Gulf Coast Universities and attend the reception.
- Houston is easily accessible from anywhere in the U.S.