- This event has passed.
Northeast Texas Branch Meeting July 2021
July 15 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT
The Texas Section invites you to join the ASCE Northeast Texas Branch for their next meeting on Thursday, July 15, 2021. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
When: 12:00 – 1:00 PM CT
Where: Virtual (link provided in email)
Session: “Waterproofing Concrete Structures: Needs, Benefits, & Options” by Paul Shelton (Texas Representative, Alchemco)
This presentation will cover the following:
1. Understand why waterproofing is important for the long-term the structural integrity of concrete in construction projects
2. Identify the main causes of structural concrete deterioration
3. Discuss the common types of concrete waterproofing applications available in the North American marketplace
4. NEW Concrete: Explain why admixtures using ‘Crystalline’ technology effectively contribute to reducing its maintenance requirements … and enhance its sustainability
5. EXISTING Concrete: Know the difference between using ‘Crystalline’ technology … and ‘Modified Silicate Gel’ technology for topical applications