- This event has passed.
Dallas & Fort Worth Branch Joint Virtual Meeting
July 17 @ 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM CDT
The ASCE Dallas and Fort Worth Branches are excited to host their next Joint Meeting on July 17th from 9 AM – 2 PM CT. Earn up to 7 Professional Development Hours including ethics!
Cost: $10* to receive PDH certificate | Free without PDH certificate
*a registration fee is collected in exchange for a PDH certificate. Registration is NOT required to attend this meeting. All proceeds will be donated to the North Texas Food Bank. Each registration fee provides 30 meals for hungry children, families and seniors in our community through the North Texas Food Bank. All meeting registrants will receive a direct link via email to the joint meeting premiere scheduled for 10 AM on Friday, July 17. Please note that registration or payment is NOT required to attend this meeting and the presentations will be accessible from the ASCE Dallas YouTube page.
Agenda (schedule subject to change)
- 10:00 am – “Hitting for the Structural Cycle” by Jeff Jansing, Principal and Borhan Jaberi, Associate – Walter P Moore
- 11:00 am – “Building Globe Life Field & 3D Tour” by Collin Lane, Senior Project Engineer – Manhattan Construction
- 12:00 pm – Main Presentation “Engineering and Development Behind Globe Life Field and the Entertainment District in Arlington” by Jeff Williams, Mayor – City of Arlington
- 1:10 pm – “Engineering Ethics: Today and Tomorrow” by Tara Hoke, General Counsel – ASCE
- Construction Institute: ASCE Standards and Best Practices for Managing Utility Infrastructure in Public Right of Way and Mitigating Risk for Projects
- Environmental & Water Resources Institute: “What Water Planning Can Teach Flood Planning”
- Structural Engineering Institute: Loop 375 Design Build Project