ASCE Education Summit: Mapping the Future of Engineering Education
May 28 - May 30
About the Event
The ASCE Education Summit in 2019, hosted by the Southern Methodist University Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, will explore how we can best prepare future civil engineers to anticipate and adapt to societal needs in the decades to come. This is a great event for educators, practitioners, business owners, and anyone interested in actively mapping a future course for civil engineering innovation in education to attend and join the discussion. Civil Engineering Department Heads and Chairs are encouraged to stay for the National Civil Engineering Department Heads Conference immediately following the conclusion of the Education Summit, May 30-31 (separate registration – discount available for attending both events).
Event Themes include:
- Day 1: Connecting the Future – Assessing where we are currently, and how did we get here.
- Day 2: Conceiving the Future – Where can we go? What are some of the possibilities we can imagine?
- includes a session of mini-presentations on curriculum innovation in a Pecha Kucha format where the speaker talks to 20 slides that display for 20 seconds each. The format encourages a fast-paced, visual-centric style that draws the viewer in and stimulates an interest in learning more.
- Day 3: Constructing the Future – How do we get there? Putting our collective ideas into a plan for the future.
- includes a series of facilitated exercises, including independent and small group work, that inspires participants to develop and initiate implementing ideas that build a culture of innovation in civil engineering education
They are also seeking companies, departments, and vendors to support the 2019 Education Summit. Summit attendees, both educators and practitioners, will reflect on where we have been, where we are, and what will be needed in the future for civil engineering education. Our goal is to prepare future civil engineers to anticipate and adapt to societal needs in 2045 and beyond. We are passionate about experiential and lifelong learning, but we need your support to achieve this goal. Every dollar helps to ensure a successful Summit for 300 attendees, and, most importantly, is greatly appreciated. We are happy to offer the following opportunities to elevate your brand, meet practitioners and leaders of ASCE and civil and environmental engineering programs from across the country, and support civil engineering!